First Presbyterian church was organized by Reverend H. A. Tucker of the Presbytery of the Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory February 2, 1897 with nine members present when Mena was still a tent town. In laying the new town, the Mena Townsite Corporation donated building sites for churches and a library. Each denomination was permitted to select its own site. Presbyterians chose the corner of Amsterdam and Swolle (now Church and 9th Street) to build a small frame church.
By 1906 Presbyterians were worshiping in a new concrete block church with the most beautiful Gothic windows. The Ladies Society had bake sales and gathered the funds to purchase the windows. Much of the physical work in building the church was done by members. W. O. Eskew, who had served as Elder from 1901 hand carved the pulpit. Rev. J. L. Green was Pastor when the new concrete block church was built.
On July 12, 1981 the finance Committee was authorized to enter into a New Sanctuary Finance Program and the Building Committee was authorized to begin demolition of the old sanctuary and to proceed in the construction of the New Sanctuary. The present building was begun in late January of 1982 and in spite of the ice and snow, the foundation was laid and walls of the new sanctuary began to rise. Construction was completed in October of 1982. Perhaps one of the most joyous events was when all of the original stained-glass windows were reinstalled during the latter weeks of August.